Do your students have trouble finding text evidence to support their answers to basic comprehension questions? After reading short passages, your students will underline the textual evidence that answers each basic comprehension question using a simple color-code.
The December pack is perfect for learning about Holidays Around the World or Christmas Around the World and MORE!
This Text Detectives pack includes 10 non-fiction passages:
- Pearl Harbor
- Holidays Around the World: Diwali
- Holidays Around the World: Christmas in the USA
- Holidays Around the World: Kwanzaa
- Holidays Around the World: Hanukkah
- Holidays Around the World: Chinese New Year
- Holidays Around the World: St. Lucia Day
- The Winter Solstice
- The Science of Snow
- Snowflake Bentley (biography)
5 fiction passages are included:
- The Gingerbread Man
- Oops! A Winter Hibernation Story
- Freddie Flake’s Water Cycle Journey
- Holidays Around the World Fiction: Australia
- Sledding Fun
The pack also includes 1 procedural text passage:
- Hot Chocolate Recipe
Aligned to CCSS R.L. 2.1, R.L. 3.1, R.L. 4.1 and R.I. 2.1, R.I. 3.1, and R.I 4.1, this Text Detectives pack is easy to use in your classroom as morning work, reading comprehension practice, a center activity, or homework. These can even be used to assess your students' ability to prove their answers in the text or as a relevant and engaging test prep activity! Many passages integrate seasonal science or social studies content to support your content instruction, but others are more generic to give you planning flexibility.
Not sure if the reading level will be right for your students? Please download the free Text Detectives sampler in my store to try out a few passages!
If you enjoy this product, be sure to follow my store or blog to be notified when I post Super Text Detective packs for future months! :)