Citing text evidence is key in Common Core. Teaching kids to show where in the text they found their information begins with direct instruction, lots of modeling and student interaction. Created with developing writers in mind, this hands-on set makes teaching text evidence simple. Three key pieces show how to cite text evidence.
28 text evidence sentence starters and phrases:
* Copy on card stock, cut and laminate. Attach a magnet.
* Teach text evidence in context via teacher modeling and student interaction on the whiteboard
* From basic to more complex, the format is built for success.
* Practice mix and matching phrases to promote fluent writing. Experiment with sentence variations.
* A kinesthetic learning activity with built in differentiation.
* Large scale can be seen from the back of the room.
* Kid-friendly font
5 mini anchor charts:
*Great for modeling, reference, small group instruction or for a bulletin board.
*Three example sentences on each page
One page reference sheet:
*Student-friendly and simple to use
* Promotes independent use
Simple to use. Practical to incorporate. Effective. Classroom-tested tips included.
Please refer to the preview slides for more details
These classroom resources may be helpful too:
Topic Sentence Anchor Charts and Bulletin Board Manipulatives for Primary Classrooms
Topic Sentence Anchor Charts and Bulletin Board Manipulatives for Upper Elementary Classrooms
Spelling Word Card Resource for Elementary Writers - Fosters independent spelling
Two Minute Group Activities for Morning Meeting, Brain Breaks and Time Fillers
Good Morning! Messages: 180+ written greetings to welcome students at the door
EXPOSITORY, PERSUASIVE AND NARRATIVE Paragraph Prompts BUNDLE: Ideal for testing taking and paragraph writing practice
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.