Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
This bundle contains multiple resources for teaching students how to find and cite text evidence when reading. In total, the bundle contains 15 original passages- some fiction and some nonfiction. The resources include:
1. A 35-slide PowerPoint and companion handout (You have my permission to convert this PowerPoint to Google Slides, if you wish. Also, the companion handout includes both a printable version and a Google Slides version.)
2. Anchor Chart Activity
3. A Text Evidence Craftivity (1 fiction passage and 1 nonfiction passage) You get to choose whether to use the printable format or the Google Slides format.
4. A Worksheet Packet (3 fiction passages and 2 nonfiction passages) You get to choose whether to use the printable format or the Google Slides format.
5. Sentence Starter Posters and Bookmarks
6. Lesson Plans- This document explains how I use these resources over the course of FIVE days.
Some of the sentence starters introduced in this packet include:
- According to the text...
- The author stated...
- In the _ paragraph (sentence), the author said...
- When the text said _, I inferred...
- I think __ because...
***PLEASE NOTE!!*** The passages in the printable packet are the same as the passages in the digital version for distance learning. I included both versions so that you could decide which format will work best for your students.
The PowerPoint contains the following format:
- Slides 1-5: Introduction & Defining TEXT EVIDENCE
- Slides 6-9: Locating Text Evidence in Passages (when the text evidence is DIRECTLY stated)
- Slides 10-14: Citing Text Evidence using Sentence Starters
- Slides 15-20: Locating Text Evidence in Passages (when the text evidence is NOT directly stated)
- Slides 21-35: Multiple Choice Practice Passages In this section, 1 fiction passage and 2 nonfiction passages are presented, each containing 2-3 multiple choice questions.
A matching PowerPoint Companion handout is included, which allows students to follow along, highlighting text evidence, answering questions, and writing their own sentences that justify their answer with text evidence.
A TEXT EVIDENCE CRAFTIVITY is also included. It contains 1 fiction and 1 nonfiction passage. Students read each passage, answer the 4 or 5 multiple choice questions that accompany each passage, and then follow the student-friendly directions to complete the craftivity. This includes a color-coding feature, where students use red to underline the text evidence they located to justify their first answer, orange for their second answer, green for their third answer, etc.
The TEXT EVIDENCE WORKSHEET PACKET contains 5 passages- 3 fiction and 2 nonfiction. Students read each passage, and then answer the 4-6 questions that accompany each passage. They are also required to write a sentence to justify each answer, citing text evidence. This file contains the POSTER with 10 text evidence sentence starters. These passages are perfect for test prep!
CHECK OUT THE INDIVIDUAL PREVIEWS!!!
Are you looking for a text evidence intervention resource, or text evidence activities designed to be used with a small group of students? You might want to check out my set of Citing Text Evidence Trifolds/Lessons!
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
The resources in this bundle are to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting these items (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!