Also included in
- This step-by-step reading comprehension skills bundle has original and engaging ideas that resonate with students, so they can form a deeper understanding of each reading skill. All of the units are designed with visuals, activities, practice, and graphic organizers to use with any story. There are$45.99$52.92Save $6.93
This Step-by-Step Text Evidence unit is a complete, NO-Prep unit with a variety of activities to help students learn an effective approach to analyzing text and increasing reading comprehension. Through anchor charts, modeling, mentor text, differentiated interactive pages, practice, task cards, and differentiated informative reading passages, students will have a thorough understanding of how to provide text evidence.
Since some teachers or districts use the acronym RACE and others use ACE, I included separate files with the same instruction, but different acronyms.
For each of the 4 lengthy informative reading passages, there are THREE VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION ranging from Lexile levels 790-1080. (Grade levels 4-6.5)
SEE THE PREVIEW!
WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS NO-PREP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT
1. MENTOR TEXT SUGGESTIONS
2. TEXT EVIDENCE ANCHOR CHARTS (OR TEXT EVIDENCE POSTERS)
3. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PRINTABLES (3 VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION WHEN TAKING NOTES) Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
4. HANDS ON ACTIVITIES
5. STUDENT PRACTICE PASSAGE WITH QUESTIONS AND GRAPHIC ORGANIZER (3 versions for differentiation)
6. 24 TASK CARDS- 2 nonfiction reading passages with 3 versions for differentiation included
7. A BOOK RESPONSE PAGE - to use with any book.
8. ASSESSMENT- Nonfiction reading passage (3 VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION) with questions
9. TRACKING FORM
10. STUDENT EDITIONS- perfect to send students their leveled text electronically. (These are great for DISTANCE LEARNING and AT HOME LEARNING!)
VERSION 1- LEXILE LEVELS 790-880 (Gr. 4-4.5)
VERSION 2- LEXILE LEVELS 915-980 (Gr. 4.5-5.5)
VERSION 3- LEXILE LEVELS 1025-1080 (Gr. 5.5-6.5)
11. A BLANK ACE or RACE CHART TO USE WITH ANY STORY
ANCHOR CHARTS AND INTERACTIVE PAGES FOR:
★ What is TEXT EVIDENCE?
★ How to Provide TEXT EVIDENCE USING ACE (ANSWER, CITE, EXPLAIN)
★ How to ANSWER questions (with a practice page)
★ Prior Knowledge
★ Inferences (with a practice page)
★ How to Cite EVIDENCE (with a practice page)
★ How to EXPLAIN
★ Paraphrasing using RAP (with a practice page)
★ Paraphrasing ANSWERS (with a practice page)
★ Quoting (with a practice page)
★ ACE or RACE Example (with nonfiction text and graphic organizer with questions)
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: RI 4.1, 5.1, 6.1
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A LOWER LEVEL? TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT FOR GRADES 2-4
OTHER RESOURCES WITH TEXT EVIDENCE
MORE STEP-BY-STEP READING RESOURCES
Thank you for visiting my store!
OTHER READING RESOURCES
STEP-BY-STEP WRITING PROGRAMS (GRADES 1-8) -motivate students AND boost test scores!