Also included in
- Imagine having a complete set of resources to take you through the year that target standards in a kid-friendly way? This print and digital Reading Bundle contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders to help your students increase their reading comprehension. Everything you need is in$45.00$69.00Save $24.00
Finding text evidence can be tricky but this Text Evidence Using Informational Text in print and digital will make it so much easier! The 10 practice passages included have historical, scientific, technical, and biographical texts, each with its own comprehension questions. It also comes with 32 task cards and graphic organizers to give your students lots of focused text evidence practice!
It contains: Print and Digital
2 Color Coding Passages:
All About Tigers
8 Double-Sided Passages and Comprehension Questions Including:
The Wright Brothers
The Gold Rush
Make Your Own Fossil Cast
How to Make a Periscope
Maya Lin (designed the Vietnam Veteran's memorial)
Mahatma Gandhi (this one also has color-coding)
32 Task Cards (a student record sheet and a key)
4 Graphic Organizers
2 Evidence-Based Terms Handouts/Anchor Charts
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!!! (Click Here) It has 10 key reading units that cover many 4th and 5th reading standards!
Here are the units included in the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grade!
Why you'll love this resource:
- It can be easily scaffolded with color-coding passages first, then independent passages, and task cards to reinforce the text evidence concept!
- The digital version works well for the classroom, homeschool, or distance learning.
- There are a variety of formats included from color-coding passages, independent passages, task cards, graphic organizers, and more!
- The passages are high-interest ones your students will enjoy!
- The digital version is NO prep and the printables are low prep for busy teachers!
- It may be used in a number of ways from guided reading, to reader's workshop, independent work, literacy centers, exit slips, homework, whole class games, test prep, and more!!!
If your students need even more practice, I have also created an even bigger Text Evidence Kit! It has 10 color coding passages, 8 practice passages, three games, as well as RACE posters and materials for constructed responses. This deeply discounted bundle is called the Text Evidence Kit
Want to try a Text Evidence Unit that was created specifically for digital?
Also, I do want to suggest a great set of reading games that would go well with this reading unit. There is a game for EACH READING STANDARD!!! It comes in a set of 10 for fiction, a set of 10 for nonfiction, or a bundle of 20 reading games specifically for 4th and 5th grades!
Here is a Text Evidence game from the Reading Games Bundle:
Text Evidence Game (Nonfiction for 4th/5th grades)
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.