Also included in
- This bundle contains multiple resources for teaching students how to find and cite text evidence when reading. In total, the bundle contains 15 original passages- some fiction and some nonfiction. The resources include:1. A 35-slide PowerPoint and companion handout (You have my permission to conver$9.25$17.99Save $8.74
The ability to read passages and find and cite text evidence to justify an answer is a VITAL skill for students, as it is emphasized time and time again in the Common Core State Standards. If you are looking for worksheets to practice this challenging yet important skill, take a look at this packet of worksheets! It contains 5 original passages (3 fiction passages and 2 nonfiction passages).
Students read each passage, and then answer the 4-6 questions that accompany each passage. Most of the questions are written in multiple-choice format. Students are also required to write a sentence to justify each answer, citing text evidence.
This resource also contains a poster (a color version and a blackline version) with 10 text evidence sentence starters. You can place the poster under your document camera and students can refer to it as they progress through the passages. You can also reduce the size and have students glue a copy in their interactive notebooks! Some of the sentence starters include:
- According to the text...
- The author stated...
- In the _ paragraph (sentence), the author said...
- When the text said _, I inferred...
- I think __ because...
Answer keys are included.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!!
********This resource is available in TWO FORMATS:
1. TRADITIONAL PRINTABLES- Print the PDF and distribute paper copies to your students to complete.
2. TPT EASEL ACTIVITY- I created a new, colorful version for this digital format. Students can complete this activity on a device. Students read each passage and the comprehension questions that follow. Most questions have a multiple-choice format, and students move the circle to select their answer. Each question is followed by large text box, where students must cite text evidence to support the answer they chose.
Feel free to check out my other Text Evidence resources:
Copyright by Deb Hanson
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher is prohibited. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on an Internet site that is not password protected are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!