Also included in
- Looking to build deep thinking readers that can cite evidence, self-monitor and love reading? This Reading Workshop Bundle contains printables, anchor charts, lesson ideas, projectables and more! Excellent for small group RTI intervention or guided reading and also for whole group instruction! This$27.00$32.00Save $5.00
- If you already own Teaching Readers to Self-Monitor pack, than this bundle will help you even more with your Reading Workshop because it includes Finding Proof and Building STAR Readers.Please go to each listing on TpT to download the previews for these packs or to the blog posts to find more detail$20.00$23.50Save $3.50
Help your first and second graders cite text evidence and make inferences using context clues, whether you are teaching in person or virtually with distance learning (for use as Google Slides or in Google Classroom). Finding text evidence is a difficult skill for beginning readers and this pack is carefully scaffolded to break these essential reading activities into small parts to set your readers up for success during independent, partner and small group reading. Very helpful for test prep, small group RTI intervention, guided reading and whole group instruction. I've found that it has helped my readers build their Growth Mindset! Finding Proof is so versatile, you can use it as a supplement to your reading curriculum or as a stand alone Readers Workshop Unit of Study.
Designed with the gradual release of responsibility in mind, each of the five components of the pack has five versions. You can build your readers' independence with finding text evidence and making inferences by modeling what to do using the multiple scaffolded options & answer keys.
This pack contains printables, anchor charts, lesson ideas, parent letter, teaching projectables, and more! The digital version is in google slides.
****Print and DIGITAL (Google Classroom)****
1. Scaffolding with Photographs - What's Your Evidence?
2. Traits and Feelings - Which Trait or Feeling?
3. Inferences - What's it Mean? Prove it!
4. Text Evidence in Mini-Passages
5. Text Evidence in Mid-Length Passages
This product has been designed for first and second graders, but has been used successfully with students third grade and up, as well! Make sure to read the feedback and download the preview!