Have your students show what they know about text structures by applying their knowledge and writing 5 different mini articles about a celebrity, athlete, or anyone famous.
-Students will choose a celebrity or famous person and conduct research about their life and career
- Students will write one article for each of 5 the text structure types (description, cause and effect, compare and contrast, order and sequence, problem solution) based on their research
- Students will include several different text features including pictures, titles, subtitles, etc in their finished product
- Students will create a cover for their magazine
- Students will create a 5 question quiz about the articles they wrote
- Students will include cited evidence and reliable resources evidenced in a bibliography
- Finished product will look like a real magazine with the articles inside
- Rather than present their magazine to the class, students will leave their magazines on their desk and students will rotate through taking the quiz that accompanies each magazine.
Florida LAFS standards and Common Core Aligned