Text Structures - Nonfiction Activities, Reading Passages and Task Cards Bundle
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
If you're still searching for the perfect resources for your nonfiction text structure unit, you've come to the right place. This bundle gives you 7 resources that you can use to teach your nonfiction text structure in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade. You’ll get anchor charts, task cards, reading passages, graphic organizers, sorting activity, worksheets, and more. You’ll save so much time not having to search for resources to teach nonfiction text structure. And the best part is there is zero prep for you with the resources in this bundle. Just print the resources you want to use and you'll be ready to teach your students all about nonfiction text structure.
Students will have a lot of fun reading and exploring nonfiction text structure with the resources included in this bundle.
THIS TEXT STRUCTURE BUNDLE INCLUDES:
⭐️ 7 Text Structure Mini-Lesson Sets
⭐️ 5 Text Structure Anchor Charts
⭐️ 15 Text Structure Reading Passages/Trifolds
⭐️ 20 Text Structure Task Cards
⭐️ Text Structure Sorting Activity
⭐️ 3 Sets of Differentiated Text Structure Passages (3 Levels/9 Total Passages)
⭐️ Text Structure Activities & Worksheets
⭐️ Text Structure Picture of the Day - 10 Days
Each resource includes both print and digital options so you can use this resource in a face-to-face or virtual classroom setting.
Be sure to check out the preview of each included resource to learn more about exactly what is included and to see pictures of each resource.
LET'S BREAK DOWN EACH RESOURCE INCLUDED:
This bundle has so many great resources for teaching nonfiction text structure. You can use them all at the same time for an amazing nonfiction text structure unit, or you can use them throughout the entire year as you continue to review and reinforce text structure.
- Text Structure Mini-Lessons Sets - This resource includes scripted lesson plans, anchor charts, mini-graphic organizers, and a set of teaching slides to help you introduce and teach lessons related to text structure. These lessons are perfect for your whole-group lessons.
- Text Structure Anchor Charts - Includes anchor charts to help you teach the five types of text structure: cause and effect, compare and contrast, description, problem and solution, sequence. Each anchor chart can be printed in black and white, color, or a fill-in template. YOu can also print in a variety of sizes - half page for student journals or full page for a bulletin board. These anchor charts are the perfect way to introduce each text structure to your students.
- Text Structure Reading Passages & Trifolds - Includes 5 text structure trifold brochures that include a short passage, graphic organizer, response questions, and other key information about each text structure. And then you also get 2 different sets of reading passages to help your students get practice reading, identifying, and comparing the different nonfiction text structures. These passages are all high-interest and highly engaging for students.
- Text Structure Task Cards - You’ll get 20 short (half-page) reading passages written in the five different text structures. Each task card comes with an optional graphic organizer or comprehension question response page. These task cards work great for small group lessons, reading centers, or even as a quick exit ticket or assessment on text structure.
- Text Structure Sorting Activity - This resource includes a hands-on sort for students to practice identifying the different types of text structure. This sort includes a few different options for how you can use the resource: Print it as a student reference sheet, Give students an Individual Student Sort, Use the Larger Version for a Group Sort, Includes a Digital Option
- Text Structure Differentiated Reading Passages - Each text included in this set is written at three different reading levels so regardless of the grade you are teaching, you can give your students the level that will best meet their instructional needs. This way you can be confident they can read the text and really focus on the comprehension skill you want them to practice... in this case, understanding nonfiction text structure.
- Text Structure Response Activities & Worksheets - This resource includes a variety of choice boards, sentence stems, discussion starters, graphic organizers, and response worksheets that will help your students think about nonfiction text structure with the independent books they are reading.
- Text Structure Picture of the Day - This fun and engaging routine will help your students develop their inferential thinking while also thinking about text structure. Get 10 pictures and discussion stems to help students make inferences about text structure.
Just think of all the time you’ll save not having to search for resources, reading passages, or activities for your nonfiction text structure unit.
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
→ Your students will love reading these nonfiction passages. They are fun, engaging, and written about interesting topics.
→ You’ll love how quick and easy it is to prep the resources in this bundle. Everything is ready to print-and-teach. Just pick the resources you want to use during your nonfiction text structure unit, print them out, and you’ll be ready for some highly engaging and highly effective lessons.
→Your students will love the confidence they gain from using the resources in this bundle. They will understand how to identify nonfiction text structure and what clues to look for when they are reading. It’s like they will get a roadmap that will help them understand all nonfiction texts.
→ You’ll love that this bundle is your one-stop-shop for nonfiction text structure resources. You won’t have to spend any more time searching Pinterest or TPT for resources to teach nonfiction text structure. Everything you need is in this one bundle.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Young and Educating (TPT Seller) said “This bundle is perfect for practicing text structure! My students especially loved the text structure sort. It was very engaging and a great formative assessment.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Meghan S. said, “So impressed with this packet! This reading packet is well written and very interesting. It was exactly what I was searching for. My fourth-grade son, who is using these readings, is an avid learner. I have found it hard to find interesting and close reading packages that are challenging, interesting, and informative. This has it all.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amanda S. said, "This product comes with everything you could possibly need to teach nonfiction text structures!”
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
→ Small-Group Reading Lessons - Nonfiction Bundle
→ Root Word of the Week Routine
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.