Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$24.00$36.00Save $12.00
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$116.00$232.00Save $116.00
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or math. These nonfiction text structures puzzles will not only allow your students to practice 4th/5th grade level text structure skills, but they will also be engaged with the novel format.
Note: This text structures activity now includes DIGITAL reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links..
This reading center resource includes 15 text structure puzzles to practice determining texts structures of nonfiction text.
Two different direction versions are included to help you best use this resource for your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text, write the text structure, and then find the puzzle piece that shows the text structure of the text.
Version 2: This version is identical to Version 1, except that the students will record their evidence on the recording sheets.
Directions and specific recording sheets for the different versions can be found following the puzzle pieces.
For the digital version, the students will read three texts per slide. They will match the correct text structure card to the text that uses that text structure. They will not use all of the cards on a slide and the same text structure will be used twice on one of the slides.
To make this text structure activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
This digital text structures activity has been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital text structure puzzles.
- Click here to see my Text Structures Supplemental Resource that pairs perfectly with these puzzles.
- Click here to see my Text Structures Spinner Centers.
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks