The included 3-part lesson explores the importance, history and art behind the Scottish Tartan. Lessons also explain and show how students can make their own "Identity Tartans".
Lesson 1 = Exploration
Lesson 2 = Making/Creating
Lesson 3 = Reflection
Highlights of Package:
* All information on tartans included in package, along with pictures (all information/pictures created in ready-to-print format to create bulletin board!)
* Pictures provided to make your own set of tartan flash cards
* Planning sheet included for students to create their own tartan
* Reflection handout also provided
* Rubric included in package that assesses students on the exploration, making/creating and reflecting phases for creating their own textile piece
* Ontario Curriculum Expectations outlined for this lesson for Grade 1 Visual Arts. This lesson can be used from Grade 1 - 8 though! Only expectations need to be varied, content and art approach remains the same, which makes it a versatile lesson you can implement with any of the mentioned above grades!