Texting Couplets: Poetry Writing Assignment Digital and Print #ELASUMMERVIBES
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking for poetry activities that gives you the flexibility to be creative with your lesson planning? The resources in this bundle are designed to allow you to do just that! You'll find opportunities for students to analyze poems, write poems, and play games about poetic elements.The best part abouPrice $25.97Original Price $33.91Save $7.94
Engage your students in a poem writing experience that focuses on rhythm, rhyme, and any other poetic elements of your choice with this creative texting couplets assignment for twenty-first century learners.
What gets students excited? Pictures and texting! This assignment combines the best of both words, asking students to select a picture that will inspire them to write a series of text message couplets with a consistent rhythm and rhyme scheme. Add a layer of challenge for students who are ready by asking them to use figurative language, grammar elements, or vocabulary words.
This assignment is the perfect complement to your existing poetry unit. It has several variations in "smart phone" format for text message bubbles and picture placement. Also included are editable PowerPoint and Google Slides files that students can use to rearrange the text message bubbles to arrange them however they please.
TEXTING COUPLETS POETRY WRITING CONTENTS:
- Lesson plan ideas
- Sound devices lesson (editable PowerPoint and Google Slides) - an option to use before the activity
- Texting couplets activity and templates (editable PowerPoint and Google Slides; secure PDF for easy printing)
- Picture bank for students to start brainstorming
I use this assignment as a "no fear" writing and poetry activity, so it doesn't add to my grading load. Just use it as an engagement piece to get students writing and thinking creatively.
Texting couplets take the scary out of poetry and help students to approach a challenging writing skill from a familiar lens...that of the smart phone! Try texting couplets with your students today using this no-prep lesson!
Looking for other unique and quality poetry-related resources?
- Figurative Language Truth or Dare
- Get Schooled! Figurative Language and Literary Devices Board Game
- Teaching Diction through Poetry
- Poetry Journal Writing Prompts
- Pyramus and Thisbe Reading Guide: Symbolism, Theme, and Connections
- Tone and Mood Equalizer
You can find more unique ELA products by visiting my store!
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.