Provides students with a reference for the following:
1. Lesson 1: Introduction to Textual Evidence
-What is it?
-When do we use it?
-Why does it matter?
-Different kinds fo textual evidence (quotes, paraphrasing, reference)
2. Lesson 2: Citing your Sources
- Intro to MLA style
- In-text citation rules for citing books and web pages, with original examples, including what to do if you don't know the author
-Brief Intro to Works Cited page
3. Lesson 3: Float your Quotes! How to Integrate quotes into sentences
- Introducing a quote with an explanatory or introductory phrase
- Using a full sentence intro and colon
- Keeping a brief quote of a few words
4. Lesson 4: Punctuation Station:
-Rules for punctuation in in-text citations
- Where to put the periods, commas, ellipsis, and more.