This is a fun game that goes along with teaching students about the digraphs th and wh.
This game is included in my money saving 5 game digraph bundle
Teacher prep needed:
- Assemble the game board, by cutting out the white border around the printout of both pages, and attach it to either a file folder, or a piece of construction paper.
- Cut out all the game pieces, such as the spinner, little characters, and game cards.
- To create the spinner, you will need a pencil, and a paper clip for the students to use. They hold the pencil in the middle of the spinner, and "flick" the paper clip to spin.
- Most of the game cards have the students write on them, so I would recommend that you laminate the cards. so that they can write the answers, then wipe them off after.
This game includes:
- game board(it's two sheets of paper when printed)
- Direction sheet
- 44 question cards
- game characters
- recording sheet
Idea of the game:
This is a board game. So, when it's their turn, the students will spin the spinner. They will then draw a card. If they answer the question on the card correctly, they get to move the number of spaces that they spun. If not they stay where they are. The first person to make it to the last space wins. There are a variety of cards/tasks, some cards have the students write words, others have them say the word and decide what the beginning digraph is, others have the students work as a group to think of words with the th/wh digraph, and some cards have the students place an X on the pictures that don't start with a certain digraph.
Not only do you get the game, but I have also included a word sort that will help teach this spelling pattern. There is a color, and a black and white version (all the pictures, and words are used in the game too!), an answer key, as well as a poster to show the kids what a digraph is.
I have a few other digraph items that you might also enjoy!
Fish Themed Digraph Review Game
Ch And Sh Candy Corn Game
Digraph Clip It Cards
Pirate Themed Sh Digraph Game
Ch Digraph Bingo Game
Digraph Apple Themed Sort
Digraph Write and Wipe Cards
Leaf Themed Digraph Review Game
Flower Themed Digraph Review Game
Digraph Games Bundle
Digraph Activities Bundle
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases