Also included in
- Explore and compare countries from around the world! Students complete a variety of engaging activities as they research the geography and culture of a country. Information is shared using interactive project templates that create an organized final presentation. This bundle includes all 20 of our c$55.00$80.00Save $25.00
Students are the explorers in this country research project.*
Using books and websites, including our own kid-friendly website @ www.globetrottinkids.com, students investigate the geography and culture of Thailand.
The Thailand Research Project includes
- A Draft Book for guiding young explorers through the research process - providing step-by-step directions and graphic organizers to record information about a variety of topics. (See below)
- Project Templates that offer students a fun and creative way to share their discoveries through a final product (interactive notebook, poster, etc.).
- A Choice Menu Board with additional activities to choose from - such as preparing a dish and reading a folktale.
- A 4-Point Rubric for the students to review their final product before sharing it and for the teachers to assess the final product after the student shares it.
- An Answer Guide that provides possible answers for the Draft Book.
- A Globe Trottin’ Kids Passport & a Thailand “stamp”
Draft Book: identifying the country’s location on a world map and continent map; completing a compass rose, country map, and map key
Draft Book: recording information about the country’s population, area, climate, products, and currency
Template: interactive wheel
Draft Book: coloring the country’s flag and describing the meaning of its color(s) and symbol(s)
Template: country flag
Draft Book: learn common words and phrases in the country’s official language
Template: vocabulary flaps
Draft Book: choose dishes to create a menu for a day
Draft Book: record traditional clothing for males and females
Template: paper dolls
Draft Book: list popular sports and activities
Template: soccer ball
Draft Book: identify and classify by species
Template: pocket and example strips
Draft Book: describe the important contributions of individuals
Template: picture frames
Holidays & Celebrations
Draft Book: complete a 4 Ws (what, when, where, why) and 1 H (how) chart
Template: Save the Date cards
Globe Trottin' Kids country research projects can be completed as a class, in cooperative learning groups, or as an independent learning center.
- Develop geographical and cultural awareness.
- Build cross-cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Encourage further investigation of global topics.
- Introduce beginning research skills through a guided process.
- Inspire creativity with an engaging personalized project.
- Practice communication skills with a presentation of their final product.
* This product does not include information about the country. The student gathers the information through investigation.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Encourage further exploration with additional country research projects.
Kids will love learning about our diverse world and filling their passports!
Save money, and buy the bundle!
Learn about new discounts, freebies, and product launches by following us - just click the green star next to our logo!
Get global learning activities delivered to your inbox each month by subscribing to our Go Global newsletter. Head to our website to get signed up! www.globetrottinkids.com
Find inspiration on our 100+ global learning Pinterest boards.