Great for around Thanksgiving or any time, this mini unit goes over the parts and composition of a thank you note or letter and has each student write a letter of gratitude to someone he or she knows. It also requires little to no prep on your part!
This product includes:
• Notes, Directions, and Suggestions for the Teacher (PDF)
• “How to Write a Thank You Note” PowerPoint (.ppt format, read-only)
• “Parts of a Thank You Note” Student Handout (PDF)
• “Addressing an Envelope” Student Handout (PDF)
• 3 Stationary Designs for Student Letters (PDF)
This product will take approximately 3-4 standard 45-minute class periods depending on how much in-class writing and editing time you give.
Want this product at a discount? Check it out as part of a bundle here!
Once you have downloaded, looked over, and/or used this, please leave feedback! Thanks!
Looking for other great Thanksgiving-themed activities? Try these!
Thirteen Thanksgiving Journal Questions/Journal Prompts
Thanksgiving Gratitude Quotes Poster and Writing Project & Rubric
An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott Lesson and Activity Pack