***Updated 8/24/15 to include a brand new inference organizer!
This bundle revolves around "Thank You, Mr. Falker," by Patricia Polacco. This unit hits Common Core State Standards RL.1, RL.2, RL.3, RI.1, RI.2, RI.3, as well as W.1, W.2, and W.4. It also includes a link to an informational article about dyslexia with text-dependent questions, a close reading organizer, claims organizer, and idea for argumentative writing.
* 11 days of Editable Lesson Plans
* 14 Question Cards (RL.1,2,3)
* 14 Questions for after reading (RL.1,2,3)
* 25 Text-Dependent Questions w/ Answer Key (RL.1, 2, 3, 4)
* Inferences Graphic Organizer (RL.1)
* Relationship Graphic Organizer (RL.1)
* Theme Graphic Organizer and writing response (RL.2)
* Theme Writing Response (W.2)
* 3 Characterization Graphic Organizers (RL.3)
* Character Analysis Essay (W.2)
* Character Sketch Writing Task (W.2)
* Character Change Graphic Organizer (W.3)
* Character Change Essay/Writing Task (W.2)
* Plot Diagram (W.3)
* Development of Key Events Graphic Organizer (W.3)
* Climax Written Response (W.2)
* 1 Argumentative Writing Prompt and template (W.1)
* 2 Argumentative Organizer Options (W.1)
* Thank you Narrative Directions and Pre-Writing Organizer (W.3)
* Thank you Letter Template (W.3)
Informational Text about Dyslexia
* Informational Text article about dyslexia (with citation) (RI.1)
* Close Reading organizer (Explicit Information, inferences, key ideas) (RI.1)
* 10 Text-Dependent Questions (RI.1, 2, 3, 4)
* Dyslexia Claims and evidence writing assignment: Using two texts to write an argument. (W.1)
This is a great way to ensure you are implementing Common Core!
All files come with AND without learning targets and Common Core Standards listed on the document. You can select which version works best with your classroom.