These Thanksgiving activities can be used in reading, math, social studies, and writing. These activities meet many common core standards and can be used in math and literacy centers. Included are a variety of 13 printable games, books, worksheets, and activities. Some of these activities are sold in my TPT store but you save money by purchasing the packet as well as get activities that are not sold separately. Be sure to check out the preview to see some of what you are buying.
1. Thanksgiving ABC Order - students will put these Thanksgiving pictures/words in ABC order and record their answer.
2. Thanksgiving Scrambled Sentences
- students will put word cards in order to complete a simple sentence related to Thanksgiving. (5 sentences)
3. Emergent Readers - 2 repetitive books ("Finding Feathers" and "Hunting for Hats") for your students to become readers. I have created a 2nd version where students will fill in the missing color words. (sight words = I, see, the, a, you, my, do, this, here, is, it, & color words)
4. Thanksgiving Beginning Sounds - students will match the picture card to the correct beginning sound.
5. Turkey Dinner Sight Word Game
- a Thanksgiving sight word game with flashcards, a game board, and “special cards” to allow for multiply ways of play. Sight words included are pre-primer, primer, & color words.
6. Writing prompts- 3 writing prompts about Thanksgiving
7. Thanksgiving Quiz- a multiple choice quiz to see if students have learned the history of Thanksgiving. Students will also fill in a venn diagram to compare/contrast Thanksgiving in 1621 and now. An answer key is included.
8. 1-1 Correspondence (2 games)– students will practice 1-1 correspondence by counting out turkey feathers to match the # on the turkey. The other game has students counting the number of pilgrim hats and then clip a clothespin on the correct number.
9. Thanksgiving Math– included are worksheets to practice the biggest #, missing #, and # recognition 1-100
10. Thanksgiving Graphing - (2 graphs) students will roll a dice with Thanksgiving themed images or Thanksgiving food and then graph their results. They can also answer questions about their graph on the recording sheet.
11. Number Puzzles – students will make a puzzles for numbers 1-10. Each puzzle will have a dice, number word, tally marks, and pictures for each number.
12. Ship Shape - student will sort 2D & 3D shapes including images found in our environment.
13. Color by Number - 3 worksheets (2 color by number, 1 color by number word)
Other theme packets available:
Back to School Literacy and Math Activities
Apple Literacy, Math, and Science Activities
Fall Literacy and Math Activities
Halloween Literacy and Math Activities
Christmas Literacy and Math Activities
Winter Literacy and Math Activities
Valentine's Day Literacy and Math Activities
St. Patrick's Day Literacy and Math Activities
Easter Literacy and Math Activities
Spring Literacy and Math Activities
Butterfly Literacy and Math Activities
Summer Savings Bundle
Feedback is always appreciated!! Don't forget to click "follow me" at the top of this page!
Connect with me more: