In celebration of being thankful, I'm knocking a dollar off this packet.
Click on the PREVIEW to see LOTS of samples!
If you want your students to get excited and interested in learning about Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving, do it from a child’s perspective... today’s kiddos studying about children in the 17th century.
Believe me, you’ll certainly grab their attention. Shocker; no electricity and lots of work to do!
Thirty-one children actually sailed on the Mayflower, with two born along the way!
I spent a great deal of time researching children during this time period, to create this packet, which can be simplified for PK kiddos, and ramped up for older elementary students, who will really enjoy the writing prompts.
The packet includes:
* A dozen Venn diagrams, which are an excellent way to present a great deal of interesting background information, while children practice comparing and contrasting.
* Several graphic organizers, KWLs, graphing extensions and worksheets.
* A variety of writing prompts, including an assortment of letter writing craftivities.
* A dozen games that were played during that time period, so it can be supposed that Pilgrim children might also have played them. Surprisingly, a few your students may still play today!
* 2 super-fun measurement activities that will make sailing on the Mayflower and living in a tiny Pilgrim house more real to your students.
* I’ve also included a few photographs of the Mayflower II and the huts at Plimoth Plantation that I took, on a recent vacation in Massachusetts. Sharing these with your kiddos also brings the 17th century to life.
* A Pilgrim TP tube craftivity, and as always . . .
* Photographs & completed samples so that you can quickly & easily make examples to share.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy learning about Pilgrim children, as they practice a variety of standards.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.