Products in this Bundle (4)
These hands-on, picture filled Thanksgiving activities, games, and worksheets will keep your students engaged while practicing a variety of speech-language and social skills! Make planning for mixed groups and differentiating instruction easier this month with all the choices of fun activities. Great for literacy centers, speech therapy, and special education!
* 12 people picture cards, 21 verb picture cards, 33 picture cards for Thanksgiving foods and activities, and 12 adjective/adverb picture cards for sentence building.
* 4 levels of game boards for sentence building to differentiate instruction.
* 12 family Thanksgiving photos to prompt sentences or to use as story starters.
* 5 worksheets at varying levels to cut & glue picture cards, then write sentences or a short story.
* 2 worksheets for categorizing skills.
* Interactive book for Thanksgiving Dinner foods.
* Craft version of the book to color, cut, and paste to send home.
* Worksheets for food likes and dislikes.
* Hide and peek turkey activities.
* Turkeys At Home open-ended printable board game.
* Food Groups printable game board with spinner, game strips, and food group tokens.
* Grocery Store shopping game.
* Food photos for cooking verbs and descriptive words.
* Sorting board for finding the same foods that are cooked in different ways.
1. Match Thanksgiving pictures to noun-verb-object sentences.
3. Sorting board for Thanksgiving now versus in the past.
4. Spinner sentence activity for oral or written sentences.
5. Play the Thanksgiving Day board game.
6. Play the open-ended Turkey Trot board game.
7. Sentence-picture matching activities with varied options for play.
8. Complete the printable worksheets or use the TPT overlay to adapt them for Google slides.
9. Make and fold the Thanksgiving book as a fun activity to send home.
1. 24 Thanksgiving foods inference task cards for oral or written responses.
(Student response sheets included.)
2. What do They Want to Eat? Riddle activity for making inferences about the food each person wants.
3. Play the open-ended printable turkey board game.
4. Read the social rules storybook 'Being Polite at a Thanksgiving Feast.'
5. Display the social rules poster for behaviors expected at a holiday meal.
6. Play the Thanksgiving Feast Game, adaptable for mixed groups by using the food cards, the riddle cards, or the inference cards.
7. Display the Thanksgiving food poster as a word retrieval strategy.
8. Use the food photo cards to teach new vocabulary. (legume, root vegetable, bog, kernel, gourd, harvest)
9. Identify behaviors as rude or polite table manners using the game cards with the game board or as a discussion.
10. Complete the worksheets for categories and rude vs. polite behaviors.
Plus a BONUS Thanksgiving BOOM slides turkey puzzle!
Although most of these activities are printable and hands-on, you may use the TPT digital interface to have your students complete the worksheets in Google slides.
There are so many learning activities in this bundle! Take a look at the preview pictures in each set to see all the choices you will be getting!
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day! I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it.
Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language
You might also like: