Also included in
- These hands-on, picture filled Thanksgiving activities, games, and worksheets will keep your students engaged while practicing a variety of speech-language and social skills! Make planning for mixed groups and differentiating instruction easier this month with all the choices of fun activities. Grea$14.80$18.50Save $3.70
What better time to develop language skills with a food theme than at Thanksgiving? Start with the basics of labeling Thanksgiving foods using a repetitive adapted book. Then build word association skills for food vocabulary with activities for food groups. Use these after Thanksgiving is over, too! There are also photo card activities to build core vocabulary for cooking actions and descriptive words.
Young children and students with autism can be picky eaters. They often don’t like new foods or foods that look different. Teaching children the language associated with types of food preparation helps it become more familiar. And sorting photos of the same foods prepared in different ways helps them see that the same food can look different.
* Interactive book for Thanksgiving Dinner foods.
* Craft version of the book to color, cut, and paste to send home.
* Worksheets for food likes and dislikes.
* Hide and peek turkey activities.
* Turkeys At Home open-ended printable board game.
* Food Groups printable game board with spinner, game strips, and food group tokens.
* Grocery Store shopping game.
* Food photos for cooking verbs and descriptive words.
* Sorting board for finding the same foods that are cooked in different ways.
******** SAVE $$ with the bundle! Thanksgiving Activities for Speech Language Therapy Bundle | Verbs and Food *********
What are happy buyers saying?
+ "This was such a perfect activity to use for my kindergarten students!"
+ "The kids really had a blast identifying items that they use now versus what the kids used back in the past it gave them more of a deeper appreciation for all the things their parents work so hard for them to have."
+ "Great resource for comparing/contrasting. Thanks for sharing."
It pays off to give feedback! You earn credits toward free TpT purchases when you do, and your kind words bring a smile to my day! I love happy feedback and encourage you to ask a question at my store if something isn't right so I can fix it.
Also, be sure to follow me to find out about new products, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Thanks for stopping by! Linda@Looks-Like-Language