Thanksgiving Activity - Simile and Onomatopoeia Descriptive Writing & Craft
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This YEAR LONG writing curriculum includes 25 writing prompts covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting writing projects inside.Year Long Writing ProPrice $70.00Original Price $81.98Save $11.98
- Get your informative writing unit rolling with these TEN fun prompts and activities. Students will go through the writing process to create a common core aligned research based writing piece. Each activity is designed to be taught in one week or can be condensed into less days. The weekly assignmentPrice $38.00Original Price $47.50Save $9.50
Looking for a fun way to teach descriptive writing using onomatopoeia and similes with a Thanksgiving writing prompt twist? These fun turkey crafts make a GREAT Thanksgiving bulletin board, and are a great way to get students' pencils moving.
Ideas for Using the Simile and Onomatopoeia Thanksgiving Craft:
Students generate lists of adjectives to describe Thanksgiving dinner with their families, turn the adjectives into similes to describe how their dinner tastes, smells, feels, sounds and what it looks like. They then use the lists to create similes about their dinner, which is then turned into a flip-book like craft for you to either hang up in the hallway or send home. Finally, students will add onomatopoeia words to the end of each simile. Use this as the perfect Thanksgiving bulletin board or to send home as a Thanksgiving gift for parents.
What's Inside the Simile and Onomatopoeia Thanksgiving Writing Prompt:
- Teaching Guide
- Photo Examples
- 2 Descriptive Language Anchor Charts: Onomatopoeia + Similes
- Student Planning Page (picture)
- Student Planning Page (writing)
- Pieces for Turkey Crafts
Timeline for the Simile and Onomatopoeia Thanksgiving Craft:
This Thanksgiving descriptive writing lesson can be taught in one day or stretched out throughout five days. The turkey crafts and Thanksgiving writing prompt double as the perfect Thanksgiving bulletin board.
Grab other Thanksgiving Favorites Below!
⭐ Thanksgiving Activities and Read Aloud Crafts
⭐ Thanksgiving Math Worksheets for 2nd Grade | 30 November No Prep Pages & Digital
⭐ Thanksgiving Math Activity | Challenge Math Story Problems
⭐ Thanksgiving Math Activities | 4 Addition and Subtraction Games and BUMP
⭐ Thanksgiving Writing Prompts and Activities | November Bulletin Board Crafts
⭐ Thanksgiving Reading Comprehension BUNDLE | Book Companions with Writing Crafts
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Enjoy!