PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2.35 MB | 35 pages
Thanksgiving Activity :: Turkey Crafts
A creative way to teach about Thanksgiving while creating a super cute turkey. Your kiddos will love creating and putting on their own personal touches on this unique twist on a traditional Turkey craft.
Paper lanterns are great for developing fine motor skills such as: folding, coloring, painting, gluing, cutting, listening and following directions. Embedded within this Turkey project there are several activities to extend your students learning about Thanksgiving.
These units are designed in a Mix and Match format. You are able to pick the pieces that you want, depending on the needs and the abilities of your students…so many possibilities.
This unit can be approached in several ways. Either as a quick Turkey craft that will take about 90 minutes to complete. Or as long, in-depth project that will take upwards of a week or two to complete. In my classroom, creating the basic lantern will take my kiddos about 90 minutes (coloring and assembly). Adding a writing competent will take an additional 45 to 60 minute block of time to complete.
• Printed Turkey lantern templates
• Thanksgiving trims and sayings
• Check out the preview to see everything included!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
More creative teaching ides:
• Check out my Pinterest Board for more great teaching ideas. ☺