PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Thanksgiving Coding Binary 'I'm thankful for' tags, Thanksgiving Card and Secret Coding Worksheets. Unplugged coding activities for your classroom.
This resource introduces students to the coding methods of Binary. Students will learn the 'on' and 'off' method of Binary while exploring the activities. Perfect for problem solving or STEM time in the classroom.
- Binary Coding Explained
- Binary Alphabet Conversion
- Binary Alphabet Conversion mini charts
- Code a Picture
- Secret Code - decoding Binary #1
- Secret Code - decoding Binary #2
- Code your own 'I'm thankful for' Thanksgiving tags
- Make your own Thanksgiving Card
- Make a Thanksgiving Message
- How to use this resource ideas
After completing these activities students should be able to:
- apply the Binary method to other coding problems
- gain an understanding of computer language
- problem solve errors and correct them
- eventually move onto more advanced languages of coding
Please MODEL and clearly discuss directions for this activity to allow students the greatest chance of success
Teacher Notes: Printing out the 'Thanksgiving Tags' onto colored card makes for a great classroom display.
⇒Feedback and Followers
FOLLOW MY STORE
CURIOSITY and the HUNGRY MIND and get notifications of new product.