SUPER EASY, SUPER FUN – NO PREP!
When your students start writing, start small. This Thanksgiving-themed build a sentence journal will help them develop confidence in reading and writing simple sentences. First, students cut out the words of a sentence and glue them in the correct order. Next, they rewrite the same sentence by hand. Last, they draw a picture of what the sentence describes.
Save 50% with the bundle: The Complete Build a Sentence Journals for Young Writers
There are 21 worksheets in the product, enough for every weekday for a month. They are classroom tested and they work! Click on the preview button to check it out.
The Thanksgiving journal covers the following sentences:
* It is Thanksgiving.
* It is November.
* I see yellow leaves.
* My family likes Thanksgiving.
* We all play football.
* Grandpa buys the turkey.
* Dad cooks the potatoes.
* Grandma cooks the turkey.
* Mom sets the table.
* Dad cuts the turkey.
* The turkey is good.
* We eat apple pie.
* We play a game.
* Grandpa tells a story.
* The Pilgrims are from England.
* The Pilgrims ride the Mayflower.
* The Pilgrims are very hungry.
* Indians live near the Pilgrims.
* The Indians help the pilgrims.
* The Pilgrims thank the Indians.
* The Pilgrims have a feast.
Follow English Republic on Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Wordpress | YouTube