Thanksgiving Centers for Kindergarten | Math & Literacy
What educators are saying
Another amazing packet by the printable princess. She never disappoints and my kids love these activities. :)
Fun and engaging hands-on centers! All materials are included along with directions and examples of how to set up each activity! My kids love all the different games. Thank you!
Also included in
- Bundle 2 of 3You can find bundle #1HERE and bundle #3HERE.This monthly centers bundle includes:-November-December (Christmas clip art is NOT included)-January-FebruaryThe literacy and math centers included in these packets were made to meet the needs and skills of Kindergarten students! Activities aPrice $38.00Original Price $48.00Save $10.00
- Make Kindergarten centers easy to plan with this YEAR-LONG Bundle. There are 10 months of Kindergarten centers for literacy and math included to get you through the entire school year! Each month includes at least 17 Kindergarten centers with "I Can" visual directions and recording sheets. Most montPrice $79.00Original Price $120.00Save $41.00
The Thanksgiving centers included in this resource are for both math and literacy. Also included are several NO prep practice pages that are perfect for the month of November in Kindergarten. Themes included in this packet are: pumpkins, fall leaves, acorns, scarecrows, turkeys, Thanksgiving foods, Pilgrims, Native Americans.
The file contains a total of 19 center activities (10 math and 9 literacy). All are common core aligned with standards included.
All activities include:
- Teacher-friendly directions
- Recording sheets to hold students accountable for their work
- Kid-friendly "I Can" posters to promote independence
- Answer keys for easy checking
- Follow-up print-and-go activities/worksheets to reinforce the skills
Here's what's included:
- Turkey Rhymes: Students identify whether or not a set of words rhymes (ie: hat/cat, pen/bug). (RF.K.2a)
- What's Missing, Lowercase: Students determine which lowercase letter is missing (optional alphabet line included in packet). (L.K.1a, RF.K.1d)
- Write the Room: Students match the picture on the card to the picture on their paper and write the vocabulary word. (L.K.1a, RF.K.1b)
- Turkey Talk: Students identify the beginning sound of a given word/picture. (L.K.1a, RF.K.3a)
- Yummy Sight Words: Students put the letters of sight words in order to complete the picture and spell the sight word (like a puzzle). Includes optional word list for additional support. (L.K.1a, RF.K.3c)
- Serving Up Sounds: Students identify the ending sound of a given word/picture. (L.K.1a, RF.K.3a)
- Pumpkin Patch Match Up: Students put a series of letters in order (includes both uppercase and lowercase letter options, alphabet line included in packet for students needing additional support). Activity also includes sorting mats for students who still need practice distinguishing between uppercase and lowercase letter. (L.K.1a, RF.K.1d)
- Syllable Sort: Students will sort picture cards with either one, two, or three syllables. (RF.K.2b)
- Falling for Sight Words: Students unscramble sight words and spell them correctly on their paper. (Includes word bank for additional support). (RF.K.3d, L.K.1a)
- Which is Greater?: Students count 2 sets of objects to determine which set is greater. Two options are included - numbers to 10 and numbers to 20. (K.CC.C.6)
- Turkey Tens: Students count by tens to put number cards in order. Students will determine which number is missing, when counting by tens (Optional number line included for additional support). (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2) 2 activities included
- Adding Thanks: Students use counters (included in packet) to solve addition sentences with sums to 5. They will match the "food cards" (number sentences) to the correct table. (K.OA.A.1, K.OA.A.2, K.OA.A.5)
- Pilgrims Count: Students put number cards in order. Students will determine which number is missing. (Optional number line included for additional support). (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3) 2 activities included, numbers to 10 and 20
- Turkey Trot: Students match up the turkeys by color, then put the cards in numerical order. (Work mat and optional number line included). (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2) 2 activities included, numbers to 10 and 20
- Which is Less?: Students count 2 sets of objects to determine which set is less. (K.CC.C.6) 2 activities included, numbers to 10 and 20
- Count the Room: Students count the objects on their card and record the number on their paper. (Numbers to 12) (K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)
- Acorn Numbers: Students count the ten frame and record the number. Numbers to 10 and numbers to 20 included. (K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4)
- Roll and Learn: 3 different activities and recording sheets included. Skills include: counting tally marks, ten frames, and adding one (numbers 1 - 6). (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5, K.OA.A.1)
- Magnificent Measuring: An introduction to non-standard measurement. Using a "picture" ruler (2 options included in packet), students will measure the pictures and record their answers. (K.MD.A.1)
⭐️ Need more math and literacy centers? CLICK HERE for the year long bundle.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.