Is it a Thanksgiving story about positive character traits? Or is it a character trait story about Thanksgiving? You decide!
My full-color original story is called, "Colonial Character" and teaches the following character traits: initiative, flexibility, courage, cooperation, perseverance, compassion, friendship, and gratitude.
Also included in this packet are:
1. A blackline master for individual student books
2. A second blackline master for individual books with the option of having the students write constructed responses to questions about the different traits.
3. A Thanksgiving song called "Gratitude is the Attitude"
4. Ideas for teaching character traits
5. Character trait signs to go up in the classroom
6. Three songs with activities about character traits
7. A class project to teach the importance of working together
8. Materials and directions to make mobiles for the classroom
I hope you enjoy this packet! Happy Thanksgiving Day!