Math Journaling is fabulous way to gain insight into your students’ understanding of mathematical concepts, their problem-solving strategies, and their ability to share their thought process.
This set of Thanksgiving Math Journal Prompts is aligned to the Grade 2 Common Core. What does that really mean? Although meant for Grade 2, these prompts are great for enriching your high First Graders or to provide review and/or support for Third Graders.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT
• 20 pages of various open-ended math journal prompts for many of the Common Core Content Standards for Grade 2
• They have a Thanksgiving theme but many can be used for the Fall season.
NEED MORE REASONS TO IMPLEMENT MATH JOURNALS IN YOUR CLASSROOM?
• It is an open-ended and naturally differentiated assessment
• It shifts the Instructional focus from computation to problem solving and real-life application
• It creates a documented portfolio-like record of student growth and progress
• Teachers gain insight into children’s abilities, opinions, understandings, and misconceptions
• Provides students practice with putting their knowledge into writing