20 page packet offers a variety of activities to compare/contrast Thanksgiving in Canada and the U.S. CCSS aligned for 4-8 informational reading and writing standards. The variety of activities provide tiered support for multi-level students. Also included in my Thanksgiving bundle!
* Two readings of 2 paragraphs each, one on Canada and one on Thanksgiving in the U.S., covering historical background and customs. All activities are based on these texts.
* Comprehension worksheet (K-W-L type format) with Answer Key.
* A Chart and a Table to fill-in for compare/contrast, one for students to fill in (drawing from the readings) and the other with the categories provided.
* A paragraph about a different compare/contrast topic for students to use as a model in writing their own paragraphs about the readings with a lead, topic sentence, transitions, conclusion. Margin notes on the model provide writing tips.
* A fill-in frame can be used as a comprehension activity or to provide structured support for student paragraphs. Answer Key included.
* Prewriting Organizer provides another option for writing the paragraphs
* Evaluation checklist for self-edit or teacher assessment.
* 5 decorated lined papers for writing
* Detailed Teacher Tips give suggestions for use and list Common Core Standards.
Visually-appealing B/W printables suitable for upper grades. See the Preview for a sample of a reading. May be appropriate for high school.
This product is INCLUDED in my Thanksgiving bundle!
Thanksgiving Writing Bundle: I Am Poem, Creative Prompts, Canada vs U.S. Thanksgiving
You'll love these other Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving products:
Halloween I Am Poem
Spooky Read-Aloud House on Hackman's Hill
Edit Practice Using Book Reviews: Spooky, Mystery Titles
Click the star next to my photo in the upper right corner to Follow Me and find out about sales and new products. Thank you!