Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Relationship between numbers and quantities;
Connect counting to cardinality.
Thanksgiving Counting/Cardinality Pack
(with independent practice tasks)
This product contains:-
1. PowerPoint Presentation numbers 0 to 20
2. Pilgrim man picture frieze 0 – 20
3. Number flashcards 0 – 20 and Number Words
4. Pilgrim hat picture cards for counting activities
5. Turkey picture cards for counting activities
6. Acorn/fall leaves picture cards for counting
7. Thanksgiving cards for touch counting/match with digit cards
8. Apple pie numbers and picture cards for display
9. Whole page- Color in number formation and Pilgrim boy -1
10. Whole page – Color in number formation and Pilgrim boy -2
11. Trace over numbers with various Thanksgiving pictures
12. Trace over numbers/words with various Thanksgiving pictures
13. Activity 1 & 1a – Cut and Stick - Counting up to 5
14. Activity 2 – Counting activity up to 10
15. Activity 3 – Counting 10 to 15 (2 pages)
16. Activity 4 – Fill in missing numbers up to 20 (4 Pages)
• Display the Pilgrim man number friezes around the classroom – can also be used as a counting teaching resource for whole class counting – The numbers are from 0 to 20. Some students can count beyond 10 in pre-K and Kindergarten.
• Play the PowerPoint as a starter for general counting. When you play the slides the turkeys float up one at a time. You could randomly click on a slide for students to tell you the number.
• There are 3 sets of picture cards for counting activities 20 cards in each set. Use in group settings or one-to-one. For example, ask a student to count out, say 4 cards – “How many cards will you have if you count out 1 more…?
• Number recognition digit flashcards – Show the numbers in numerical order and then randomly.
• Combine using the flashcards with the picture counting cards to match number and number of cards counted out – connecting counting to cardinality
• For a whole class activity – Hold up the resource with Thanksgiving cards for children to count with their eyes and/or for touch counting.
• You can peg the Thanksgiving apple pie pictures and number cards on a clothes line as a visual reminder of objects/numbers relationship. Alternatively, you can display the cards on an interactive math wall. Ask a student to find, for example, the number with 5 apple pies.
Resources for independent practice - Some students may need support in writing and counting.
• Activity 1 – Cut and Stick -Counting up to 5;
• Activity 2 - (2 pages) – Counting pictures and writing answer in the circle.
• Activity 3 – Counting 10 to 15 – Students read the number in the shaded column and then color the same number of pictures to match.
• Activity 4 – Fill in missing numbers (2 pages).
• Additional activity – Write the number before and after the digit shown on the worksheet (2 pages) – See Preview Teacher’s Note.
An ideal product to use with your students leading up to Thanksgiving and during the celebrations.
You can differentiate with the resources ensuring all students have an equal opportunity to learn.
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Thanksgivings.