Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
10.56 MB | 104 pages
This is a Thanksgiving Theme product relating to counting and cardinality.
Ideal for whole class and small group teaching and one-to-one teaching.
The product comprises:
- Detailed Teacher Notes on the product and how to use them
- PowerPoint Presentation on numbers 0 to 20 - Play in Slide Show and have the children count the turkeys as they appear. Ideal lesson starter or use in the plenary for general counting.
1. Room visuals - Pilgrim man picture frieze 0 - 20
2. Flash cards - 0 - 20 (multiple uses)
3. 3 Sets of picture cards (turkey, acorn/fall leaves & pilgrim hats) for counting and matching with numbers - connecting counting to cardinality
4. Thanksgiving cards for counting activities
5. Project/Activity Pictures of apple pies and related numbers.
Print and laminate the above resources onto card stock for repeated use.
Printables for independent tasks:-
- Whole page color in number formation and pictures
- Trace over numbers and words with various Thanksgiving pictures to color in
- Activity Sheets 1 and 1a (cut and paste) - Students cut out the number of turkeys to match the number in the column.
- Activity 2 (2 pages) - Counting up to 10 activity sheet - Children count the pictures and write the numbers in the blank circle.
- Activity 3 (2 pages) - Counting from 10 - 15 - Students count and color the correct number of pictures to match the number in the box.
Activity 4 -(2 pages) - Students count and write in the missing numbers up to 20.
Flash cards - In a whole class setting shuffle the cards and then show a number and get the students to make the same number of claps. You can do a matching activity by display two or three numbers and students try and match the words to the number cards - See Teachers Notes in Preview for other activities.
Using picture cards and number flash cards - in a small group, you or a student shuffle the cards from 1 to 10 and place them face down on the table. Another student takes a card and then counts out the picture cards to match the number.
With the apple pie/number room visual - ask a student to find the card with, for example, 7 apples and to count the apples on the card. You can also peg up the cards in non-numerical order for children to rearrange in the correct order.
Hope you enjoy using this Thanksgiving counting resource.