Also included in
- This bundle was made per request. If you'd like your own custom bundle, please download my PRIMARY FREEBIE to fill out a Google Form.© Copyright 2020 M. Mariano. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or lic$311.16$388.95Save $77.79
Let's face it...students LOVE YouTube. It's what they spend hours on and it's pretty much taken over their lives. Well, how about they start using it in meaningful ways?
This Thanksgiving activity is great for diverse student populations. Here's what they will do:
- Students brainstorm what their Thanksgiving meals look like.
- Then, they choose food items from their list to research on YouTube. They insert the YouTube video into Google Slides then interpret and analyze it.
- Next, they Google recipes (because we all know how much they love to Google things), and screenshot the important aspects of the recipe.
- They will then answer critical thinking questions about all the research they've done.
- Lastly, just for fun, they will create their Thanksgiving meal table using Google images!
Your students must be able to access YouTube to do this. Perhaps reach out to your administration to see if they can unblock it for the activity.
This is close reading for the digital age and keeps students engaged before Thanksgiving break!
I wrote a blog post about this here!
© Copyright 2019 M. Mariano. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. This is intended to be used by one teacher unless additional licenses have been purchased. The reproduction of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited.
*** HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME! ***