Have your students pretend they are hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for up to 16 guests of their choice!
- create their guest list and menu
- calculate how much food they will need to purchase and the cost of it all
- use elapsed time to figure out when to start preparing the food on their menu
- use area and perimeter to design the seating arrangement
- calculate guests' length of stay with elapsed time
- graph the distance each guest travelled using Google Maps
Use all parts of the project or only some. Some of the activities are differentiated with more or less support depending on your students' math ability levels.
Answer Key for "Length of Guest Stay" included
Designed for 3rd -5th grade students
Check out this Famous Feast Math Project for a more generic meal planning math project!