Also included in
- Get ready to have the most fun you'll have teaching with EIGHT holiday-themed escape rooms that will keep your students active and engaged on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, New Year's, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter!There is no wonder why escape rooms$49.00$70.00Save $21.00
- This bundle features a full year's worth (one escape room per month) of our rigorous and engaging escape rooms for your secondary Language Arts classroom. There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order$72.00$105.00Save $33.00
Get ready to have the most fun you'll have teaching with a lesson that your students will be talking about all Turkey Day with the Thanksgiving ESCAPE ROOM for ELA!
There is no wonder why escape rooms are so popular; they are highly engaging and encourage people to work together and think creatively in order to solve different puzzles... all while trying to beat the clock! This meticulously-crafted resource features all of the materials you need to conduct a full-length Thanksgiving-themed Escape Room. Planning an escape room may seem like quite the daunting task, but this product provides everything from the basics and set-up instructions to signs and answer keys so that yours runs smoothly from start to finish. The activity involves movement, energy, creative thinking and most of all, collaboration. All tasks are Language Arts skills-based so that with this fun lesson on a highly-anticipated holiday and impending vacation, learning is not sacrificed. Your students will be having so much fun that they won’t even realize the higher order thinking skills they are applying in the playing of this game!
How does it work?
Your students are stuck in your classroom and cannot leave for Thanksgiving break until they solve 5 challenging Language Arts skills-based tasks about Thanksgiving!
- In the first task, students will read 8 fun facts about Thanksgiving and must identify the parts of speech of underlined words within the passages. When matched correctly, shaded boxes will reveal the first code.
- In the second task, students must solve a series of word mazes. Letters they collect along the way will form their second code.
- In the third task, students must identify the figurative language devices used in fun Thanksgiving sentences. Shaded boxes in the correct answers form the third code.
- In the fourth task, students must perform a close reading of Landing of the Pilgrims by Felicia Dorothea Hemans, a perfect poem to study on Thanksgiving. Letters of the multiple choice question answers following the poem reveal their fourth code.
- In the final task, students must solve an encrypted Thanksgiving message using the codes and clues from the first four tasks. Once they decipher the quote about Thanksgiving and bring it to you, they are free to escape to Thanksgiving break!
- Escape Room Basics
- Detailed Day-Of Instructions
- Escape Room Print Checklist
- Student Teams Chart
- Welcome Sign for Your Door
- Materials for 5 Tasks: task signs to be folded upright, task instructions (2 per page for easy printing), and necessary information to be kept at stations
- Student Answer Booklet (2 printing options)
- Teacher Answer Keys
- Escape Room Reflection for homework or in-class writing activity
This escape room is suitable for middle and high school students and is ideal for the day before Thanksgiving or any time during the month of November.
Also, check out more great fall-themed and Thanksgiving products by Language Arts Excellence:
Can't get enough escape rooms? Check out more by Language Arts Excellence here:
⭐⭐⭐For the escape room enthusiasts out there, you can now build your own bundle at 20% off the cover price of 3 or more escape rooms! Click the link to check out all of the escape rooms Language Arts Excellence has to offer: Build Your Own Escape Room BUNDLE⭐⭐⭐