Thanksgiving Equivalent Fractions Adding and Subtracting Fractions PBL
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Are you looking for an engaging way to teach your students about math? Project Based Math Activities are the answer! Project-based learning is a great way to help your students practice problem-solving in a meaningful context, add rigor to your math class and make learning hands-on!Check out the prePrice $17.50Original Price $25.00Save $7.50
If you are teaching equivalent fractions, adding fractions with like denominators, or adding fractions with unlike denominators, then I have the pbl fractions activity for you! This engaging fraction feast resource will definitely be a hit!
In this resource, there are several activities to choose from. Pick a few, or do them all. These are the Activities:
- Students create their own "feast" plate and/or "dessert" plate by partitioning foods
- Students create their own "feast" plate and/or "dessert" plate by cutting & pasting fractional foods
- Students are given orders to create on "feast" and/or "dessert" plate
- Students can price orders
- Critical thinking questions & enrichment tasks
This resource packet is differentiated so that you can meet your students' needs.
These Concepts are Covered:
- Partitioning fractions
- Adding fractions with like denominators
- Adding fractions with unlike denominators
- Identifying fractions
- Generating fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Adding decimals (money)
- Composing/Decomposing fractions
- Fractions from the same whole
- Mixed and improper fractions
Benefits of this Resource:
- Hands-on fractions
- Real-life application
- Several fraction skills in one
- Provides choice for teachers & students
- More than one day's activities
- Encourages critical thinking
- Creates math rich environment
- Organized and detailed
Other Related Resources You May Enjoy:
Identifying Fractions Math Quest
Equivalent Fractions Mixed-Up Puzzles
This resource is printer-friendly and comes in a black and white version. I would suggest printing "as image" to avoid any potential issues. Please also make sure your adobe reader (or the like program) is up-to-date.
If you see ANYTHING that needs modifying or if you have any questions, please contact me via the Q&A. I take my product creation and your satisfaction very seriously! Thanks!
⭐Earn FREE Resources! ⭐
It's very important to me that you provide feedback so that I may improve and create products you will use and love! Please consider leaving detailed feedback. Additionally, each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits. These can be taken off purchases so you can get items free!
❤️Love What You See? ❤️
Join my email list here to get FREEBIES and so much more!
Follow my store here to get discounted goodies each time they're posted!