A powerpoint version of the classic gameshow Family Feud - Thanksgiving Edition. Questions are all centered around traditional Thanksgiving knowledge. This game works best if the information the questions are prompting is introduced before playing the game, either in a prior session or immediately before the game is played. A great way to hold a large-group session and do something fun before the holiday!
Each slide contains one question, and animations for the answers. The answers are revealed once the presenter clicks the appropriate box. (You will reveal the answers by clicking when the mouse arrows turns into a finger pointer - this will be at the TOP of the orange boxes.) I recommend printing out the powerpoint as an answer key. Have students keep track of their team's points.
How to Play Family Feud:
1. Divide into two teams.
2. One member of each team faces the other in a face-off as the teacher reads
the question off the game board.
3. The first person to raise their hand/hit a table or buzzer with their hand may
answer the question. If their answer is on the powerpoint, their team is able to
answer the next questions.
4. The team that has the control tries to reveal all of the correct answers to the
question before receiving three strikes. A strike is received each time an
answer is not correct.
5. If the team receives three strikes without clearing the board, control is passed
to the other team.
6. The team that now has the control is able to give one answer in the hopes that
it is found on the board. If it is, points are added to the team’s score. If not,
the other team gets the points.
7. Points are collected as each team finds its answers to each question
Continue the game repeating steps two through seven.
**Quick troubleshooting: How to reveal the answer choices
-You will need to be using a computer or laptop. The powerpoint presentation will not work on an iPad or other tablet.
-Make sure the Powerpoint is in 'Presentation Mode.'
-Move your arrow cursor to the top right-hand corner of the answer box you would like to select. Once your cursor changes to a 'Pointer' or 'Hand' you may click and the answer choice should reveal itself.
-If these tips are not helpful, please contact me directly through the Q&A page!