By searching for smaller words in bigger words, children have fun while exploring word families and spelling patterns. Encourage students to look for patterns (e.g., fan, tan, van
Students will see how many words they can find in Thanksgiving Feast.
You will have to decide on certain rules for the game. For instance, you may or may not want to allow plurals. I suggest allowing them, because it helps students to become aware of word endings. Here are some other possible rules:
• No names allowed (too many variations!)
• Set a time limit.
• Decide whether you want to allow Thanksgiving
• If you want to score, you can possibly give a student a point for any word they have that no one else thought of. Or you could use the number of letters in the word for points.
• I suggest you use this activity with the whole group. Print the worksheet double-sided
→Worksheet pages with columns for word length
→Sample Answer Keys
Thanks for checking out my product!
Or buy 4 Thanksgiving resources (parts of speech, syllable counting, ABC order, and making words) in a BUNDLE at 25% off!
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store Many Roads to Reading
, or by email