These graphic organizers should work well for any unit focused on Thanksgiving past or present! Pick and choose from the following charts:
1. K.W.L Chart: Students write what they Know, what they Want to learn, and what they Learned from your Thanksgiving unit.
2. Venn Diagram #1: Students compare Pilgrims with Native Americans.
3. Venn Diagram #2: Students compare U.S. Thanksgiving with Canadian Thanksgiving.
4. Venn Diagram #3: Students compare any two Thanksgiving topics.
5. Vocabulary Map: Students record three new words along with each definition, example sentence, and pictorial representation.
6. Mind Map for Questioning: Students answer Wh-questions about Thanksgiving.
7. General Mind Map: Students organize information about Thanksgiving.
8. Classification Chart #1: 5 Thanksgiving topics
9. Classification Chart #2: 4 Thanksgiving topics
10. Classification Chart #3: 3 Thanksgiving topics
11. Classification Chart #4: 2 Thanksgiving topics
Please download the preview to see the charts in more detail!
Looking for another resource about Thanksgiving? There is an excellent chapter book about the history of Thanksgiving in the Magic Tree House series called, “Thanksgiving on Thursday.” For a packet of worksheets to accompany that book, click here: Thanksgiving on Thursday!
For more Graphic Organizers, click here:
For other Reading products, click here:
Reading Packets and Inference Games
Every new product is 50% off for the first 48 hours it's listed, so be sure to click "follow me" so that you receive an email every time I add a new product!