PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This scavenger hunt reviews language arts skills including common and proper nouns, singular and plural nouns, verbs and verb tenses, pronouns, contractions, compound words, adjectives and adverbs, and abbreviations. Two 20 question worksheets are included. These same cards could be used once for practice and once for assessment.
Directions for Use
1. Print the Thanksgiving Language Arts Review Scavenger Hunt cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Thanksgiving Language Arts Review Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Thanksgiving Language Arts Review Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
Table of Contents
• cover card for scavenger hunt storage
• 20 sentence cards in color
• 20 sentence cards in black and white
• scavenger hunt activities 1 and 2 with answer keys
• 8 colorful parts of speech posters with a Thanksgiving theme
More about This Product
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
The posters add an element of differentiation as less confident students can use them to check their answers.
You May Also Like
Tips for Customers
• Follow my store for product updates and sales.
• Follow my Facebook page to find occasional flash freebies and ½ price sales on new products here
• Please leave feedback to gain credit for future purchases.
• Contact me through Product Q&A with any questions, concerns, or problems.
Ann Fausnight ♥