Reading Comprehension Centers
Reading Comprehension Stations
If you’re like most teachers, then you’re always on the lookout for fun and creative ways to teach students critical reading comprehension skills
. Well, you’re in luck! These Thanksgiving
-themed reading comprehension centers or stations are not only designed to give students meaningful opportunities to practice reading, they’re also incredibly fun and engaging! Targeted specifically to grades 4-5, they’re the perfect combination of rigor and engagement!
This Thanksgiving Centers
resource contains activities and lessons for 5 learning centers.
Each center is designed to give students engaging and exciting learning experiences to practice, enrich, reteach, and enhance their learning. Working independently and with their small groups, student will have the opportunity to develop multiple reading comprehension skills.
In this set of Reading Comprehension Skills
Centers students will practice:
• Distinguishing between facts and opinions
• Identifying the main idea
• Making inferences
• Finding the sequence
• Comparing and Contrasting
These centers are extremely versatile. They can be taught during a single class period, spread out over consecutive days, or taught at different times throughout the autumn. They’re perfect right before Thanksgiving break, too!
The centers are completely turn-key and include everything:
• Center Implementation Guide (3 pages)
• Center Table Labels (5)
• Teacher Resources - Detailed Center Overview and Set-Up Guides (5)
• Student Packets (where students record their work from each center)
• Center Materials (includes student directions - with extension activities and any resource students will need to complete the activity)
• Grade Sheet (to track and grade student work)
• Keys (for all center activities)
Thanksgiving Centers Overview:
Facts and Opinions
Students read a Thanksgiving passage and identify facts and opinions.
Students work to put a set of Thanksgiving how-to directions into the correct order.
Students read two passages, find the main idea, and respond on a main idea turkey.
Students make inferences based on Thanksgiving-themed clue cards.
Compare and Contrast
Students read two Thanksgiving passages and write to show comparisons and contrasts.
You may want to check out these other CENTERS RESOURCES
• Point of View Centers
• Sequencing Centers
• Thanksgiving Themed Learning Centers – Grades 6-8
You may also like…
• Creative Reading Response Activities
• Fall Poetry Analysis- Interactive Flip Book
• Myth Writing Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction