Also included in
- Help students learn critical skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking this November with this bundle of resources. This bundle includes five resources that perfectly pair together, celebrate the time of year, AND help students learn a ton of skills in just 20 days! The best part? It’s a$32.99$37.95Save $4.96
If you’re like most teachers, and you're always on the lookout for fun and creative ways to teach students critical reading comprehension skills.... then, you’re in luck! These Thanksgiving-themed reading comprehension centers or stations are not only designed to give students meaningful opportunities to practice reading, they’re also incredibly fun and engaging!
Find a version for grades 4-5 HERE. (Add this version to your collection for easy differentiation!)
This Thanksgiving Centers resource contains activities and lessons for 5 learning centers. Each center is designed to give students engaging and exciting learning experiences to practice, enrich, reteach, and enhance their learning. Working independently and with their small groups, student will have the opportunity to develop multiple reading comprehension skills.
Great News! The reading centers are also available as a Google Slides resource for students. In addition to the PDF version, students can complete the station activities via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, Google Classroom, or in the internet “cloud.” The digital version of the directions, materials, and grade tracking guide are accessible from any computer and allows students to complete their work online.
In this set of Reading Comprehension Skills Centers students will practice:
- Distinguishing between facts and opinions
- Identifying the main idea
- Making inferences
- Finding the sequence of events
- Comparing and Contrasting nonfiction passages
These centers are extremely versatile. They can be taught during a single class period, spread out over consecutive days, or taught at different times throughout the autumn. They’re perfect right before Thanksgiving break, too!
The centers are completely turn-key and include everything:
- Center Implementation Guide (3 pages)
- Center Table Labels (5)
- Teacher Resources - Detailed Center Overview and Set-Up Guides (5)
- Student Packets (where students record their work from each center)
- Center Materials (includes student directions - with extension activities and any resource students will need to complete the activity)
- Grade Sheet (to track and grade student work)
- Keys (for all center activities)
Thanksgiving Centers Overview:
Center 1: Facts and Opinions
Students read a Thanksgiving passage and identify facts and opinions.
Center 2: Sequencing
Students work to put a set of Thanksgiving how-to directions into the correct order.
Center 3: Main Idea
Students read two passages, find the main idea, and respond on a main idea turkey.
Center 4: Inferences
Students make inferences based on Thanksgiving-themed clue cards.
Center 5: Compare and Contrast
Students read two Thanksgiving passages and write to show comparisons and contrasts.
FYI:You may want to check out these other CENTERS RESOURCES
You may also like…
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction