This Thanksgiving Listening Center includes 12 read alouds with SafeShare.tv links and QR codes Thanksgiving story maps and activities are also included. You can use these during your Daily 5 Listen to Reading centers or as whole group Read Alouds!
What are SafeShare.tv links?
All SafeShare.tv QR code links are safe to share with children without being afraid that they can get to potentially inappropriate content. Each read a loud link has been filtered through SafeShare.tv and are now free of ads and outside links.
If you do not have access to a QR Code Reader, I have also provided a hyperlink to each story. You can simply click on the book cover and it will bring you right to the story.
Print these out for a bulletin board display ( your students can even scan the code from your smart board), download the file onto your iPads, or you can simply project the story onto your smart board. Assign a story for your Listening Center, whole group, small group or guided reading centers.
After reading, provide the children with a simple story map, sequencing map or one of the “I am thankful” printouts included to help your students celebrate giving thanks.
Here is a list of the titles included in this Listening Center:
• Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
• The Very Stuffed Turkey
• A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
• There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey
• The Best Thanksgiving Ever
• A Turkey for Thanksgiving
• Give Thanks for Each Day
• The Great Thanksgiving Escape
• Happy Thanksgiving Curious George
• Fall Harvests
• Ten Thankful Turkeys
• Thanksgiving for Emily Ann
Print-friendly versions are also included to save on ink!
• Parts of a Story Map (Leaves)
• Parts of a Story Map (Autumn Scene)
• Traditional Parts of A Story Map
• “I am Thankful for Family” Photo collage (color and b/w versions available)
• “I am Thankful for Family” Poster (color and b/w versions available)
• “I am Thankful for Family” Writing Paper (color and b/w versions available)
• one full page of lined Writing Paper
• “I am Thankful for Family” Drawing Paper (color and b/w versions available) -2 templates
• Thanksgiving Story Map
*At times, links may become broken, I always revise/edit the codes one month prior to the season. Please let me know in the Q/A tab if a link needs to be "repaired".
Last Update: 11/14/17
There are many other Listening Centers available at my shop that your students may also enjoy:
Winter Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
February Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
Black History Month Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
March Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
Easter & Bunny Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
Spring Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
Earth Day Listening Center with SafeShare QR Codes & Links
Back to School Listening Center with QR Codes & Links
Giving Thanks Listening Center with QR Codes & Links
And.... the entire library of Listening Centers is available as a BUNDLE:
Seasonal & Holiday Listening Centers BUNDLE with SafeShare.tv Links and QR Codes
If you would like to be notified when more themed listening libraries become available follow my store at the top of this page!
Please visit The K Files
blog for additional resources and ideas for the primary classroom!
From my home away from home…
The K Files