I am so happy to release my Thanksgiving Literacy Centers! This was a fun one to make! Lots of great fall colors and graphics! Here's what's included in the pack!
1. Autumn Laughs--Here's a chance for students to get funny with writing! I have included a comic strip piece along with funny turkey pictures. Students use the pictures to write their own comic strip! I have also included a comic strip without the pictures in case students would like to create their own comic strip.
2. The Bird is the Word--Students look at the words on the word card and decide if it's a word they have heard before. They will indicate on the provided answer document. Then students will turn the card over and read it in a sentence (using context clues). Students will then use a resource to find the actual definition and compare it to their own definition.
3. Say It Another Way--Have you had just about enough of students using specific words (like happy, nice, etc.) over and over again? Here's a fun activity for students to read the over-used word on the word card and then use a clip to find all of the different ways of saying it! It is self-checking so the students really have a fun time. They can record all 7 of the new ways of saying the word on their recording sheet.
4. Dress Your Turkey--Students will sort the different words (feathers) onto the correct turkey based on the given suffixes (-ly, -sion, -tion, -ist).
5. Autumn Adjectives--Students will use the provided picture cards to write a sentence describing the given picture. Students then compile a Sentence Strip Booklet.
6. Antonym Tabs--This is one of my favorite! Students will use given word cards and find the antonyms. Students will pick out 4 antonym sets and write the set on the tab and in the two turkeys on the provided page. Students will then illustrate the antonyms showing their understanding of the word.
Please take a moment and check out the big preview! Hope you enjoy it!