I am so happy to release my Thanksgiving Literacy & Math Centers Bundle Pack! You can purchase these centers separately in my store, but you will save money ($3.00) when purchasing them in this bundle pack! I truly attempt to offer a generous amount (12 centers combined to be exact) of literacy and math centers at a very reasonable price! This was a fun one to make! Lots of great fall colors and graphics! Here's what's included in the pack!
1. Autumn Laughs--Here's a chance for students to get funny with writing! I have included a comic strip piece along with funny turkey pictures. Students use the pictures to write their own comic strip! I have also included a comic strip without the pictures in case students would like to create their own comic strip.
2. The Bird is the Word--Students look at the words on the word card and decide if it's a word they have heard before. They will indicate on the provided answer document. Then students will turn the card over and read it in a sentence (using context clues). Students will then use a resource to find the actual definition and compare it to their own definition.
3. Say It Another Way--Have you had just about enough of students using specific words (like happy, nice, etc.) over and over again? Here's a fun activity for students to read the over-used word on the word card and then use a clip to find all of the different ways of saying it! It is self-checking so the students really have a fun time. They can record all 7 of the new ways of saying the word on their recording sheet.
4. Dress Your Turkey--Students will sort the different words (feathers) onto the correct turkey based on the given suffixes (-ly, -sion, -tion, -ist).
5. Autumn Adjectives--Students will use the provided picture cards to write a sentence describing the given picture. Students then compile a Sentence Strip Booklet.
6. Antonym Tabs--This is one of my favorite! Students will use given word cards and find the antonyms. Students will pick out 4 antonym sets and write the set on the tab and in the two turkeys on the provided page. Students will then illustrate the antonyms showing their understanding of the word.
Kids are working on multiplication, division, elapsed time, story problems, and addition with regrouping--all while having a great time with the clip art and the football/turkey themes!
I love implementing Guided Math into my Math Block! However the key to success with Guided Math, is to provide fun content-related centers for the other students who are not meeting with me that day. In addition to, it is important to change centers on a consistent basis so students do not get bored. I created these centers to help with that! Although these are intended for math centers, you may also want to use them for your Guided Math groups. I have included a recording sheets to serve as evidence for completion of the centers. The centers are easy prep— simply copy, laminate and cut. You can store the centers individually in small baggies and place in a basket at specified centers.
Centers included in this package:
1. Football Facts (Finding Multiplication Products)
2. Half-Time Concessions (Finding the sum of 3-digit numbers with re-grouping)
3. Touchdown Stories (Practicing Multiplication with the 7's)
4. Turkey Times (Elapsed Time)
5. Turkeys Playing Football (Finding Division Quotients)
6. Turkey Families (Multiplication and Division Fact Family Practice)
Take a look at the preview!