These activities are meant to be used to build reading foundational skills at the beginning of Kindergarten.
Common Core State Standards Covered:
• R.WS.00.01 demonstrate phonemic awareness by the wide range of sound manipulation competencies including sound blending and deletion.
• R.WS.00.02 recognize that words are composed of sounds blended together and carry meaning.
• R.WS.00.05 automatically recognize a small number (about 18) of frequently encountered, personally meaningful words in print.
• N.MR.00.08 Describe and make drawings to represent situations/stories involving putting together and taking apart for totals up to 10; use finger and object counting.
• N.MR.00.09 Record mathematical thinking by writing simple addition and subtraction sentences, e.g., 7 + 2 = 9, 10 - 8 = 2.
• N.MR.00.10 Create, describe, and extend simple number patterns.
These games may be used independently or with an adult in centers or work stations.
Teacher – Please print cards onto cardstock, laminate for durability, then cut out. Do not cut apart the worksheet pages.
Get a can or tub to put cards in.
Activities: Pass the Can
Turkey Trot Sight Words
Ten Frame Turkeys
Roll, Say, Stamp, Highlight
Roll, Add, Color
Go Hunt – Turkey Time Go Fish