Also included in
- Engage your students with these fun First Grade Math Number Sense Activities with Mega Math Practice Operations and Algebraic Thinking Worksheets and Digital activities and help them master these important foundational skills.These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Operations and Algebrai$47.20$115.50Save $68.30
- First Grade Mega Math Practice Seasonal Unit Bundle First Grade Mega Math Practice gives your students a lot of practice in all areas of the Common Core First Grade Math Standards with seasonal themes. Students need many opportunities to work with all new math skills. These units have similar act$25.60$63.00Save $37.40
- Engage your students with this fun Standards-based First Grade Math Number Sense Activities Bundle, worksheets and digital activities and help them master these important foundational skills. These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Place Value Worksheets are perfect for morning work, home$91.20$225.25Save $134.05
Are you using math centers and stations in the classroom, using distance learning, or hybrid learning this year? Now, Addition and Subtraction Strategies Mega Math Practice 1.OA.6 Thanksgiving Edition is adaptable to whatever learning situation in which you find yourself. Now DIGITAL for use with Google Slides™. First-grade math students need daily number sense practice. These DIGITAL + PRINTABLE, easy-to-use first grade Mega Math Practice activities are the perfect way to practice the standard. They are great for morning work, homework in the classroom, or distance learning.
CLICK on the video above to see how this unit works!
This unit includes both a DIGITAL version that is compatible with Google Slides™ and the traditional PDF version that can be used for distance learning.
First Grade Mega Math Practice 1.OA.6 Lots of 1.OA.6 First Grade Math practice for your students working with a variety of math strategies. 1.OA.6 is all about learning addition and subtraction strategies for basic facts within twenty. Gaining a foundation with these strategies will give your students a head start on future math work. Students need many opportunities to work with all new math skills. These strategies are very important for your students to master in order to understand higher level math concepts.
This unit is aligned with the First Grade Common Core Math Standard 1.OA.6:
Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency
for addition and subtraction within 10
(Addition and Subtraction Strategies).
1.OA.6.b Decomposing numbers leading to a ten (14 pages)
Try the Mega Math Practice 1.OA bundle here:
Making Ten to Add: Thanksgiving Edition gives your students a lot of practice with the math strategy “Making Ten to Add”. Students need opportunities to work with all new math skills. This particular strategy is very important for your students to master in order to understand higher-level math concepts.
Students “make ten” by breaking apart a smaller number and then adding the remainder of the broken-apart number to a ten. Working with a ten in addition is much easier than working with any other number. Making ten by breaking apart smaller numbers is crucial to understanding place value its representation and the relationship between numbers. All students need lots of practice with this skill in order to competently use it going forward.
***This unit is aligned with the First Grade Common Core Math Standard 1.OA.6a:
Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10 (Addition and Subtraction Strategies). Use strategies such as counting on and making ten (e.g., 8 + 6 = 8 + 2 + 4 = 10 + 4 = 14).***
It includes over twenty pages of practice with a Thanksgiving theme. I use these pages during our “written math practice” rotation during math workshop/guided math time. These pages can also be used for early finishers or homework during the time that you teach the 1.OA.6b math strategy. Watch for more MEGA MATH PRACTICE units to come aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
Be sure to check out the HUGE Mega Math Practice Bundle here:
Check out other Mega Math Practice Seasonal Units here:
More Mega Math Practice:
I have used ‘guided math’ in my classroom for over ten years. I begin my teaching time block teaching/spiraling math concepts as a whole group, but most of my math block is devoted to guided practice in small groups followed by independent or small group practice, centers and intervention. I begin my math time every day with a page from my popular Number of the Day series. You may find more math in this “printable” format in my store.
I hope that you and your kids enjoy this fun resource. Check out my store for lots of fun math units including my popular Number of the Day units for grades K-Second.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
• This material is copyrighted by Barbara Morgan Balius. The purchase of this copyrighted product includes a limited license for your classroom use. It is meant for use by one teacher in one classroom. You may use this resource for each of your students in one classroom.
The product may not be copied and distributed, uploaded to the internet, or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of your classroom before obtaining written approval from its author, Barbara Morgan Balius. This resource is not an Open Education Resource (OER) and as such cannot be uploaded to any #GoOpen websites, including, but not limited to, Amazon Inspire. If you intend to use it for more than one classroom, a whole school, or a whole district, additional licenses may be purchased on Teachers pay Teachers in my store. The pages included in this resources may not be used in whole or in part to create something new, and/or be distributed in any way without written consent from the author, Barbara Morgan Balius.
If you have any questions pertaining to this limited license for this product, please contact email@example.com for a quote.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.