Thanksgiving Math Centers 3rd Grade Common Core includes 6 colorful, engaging Math Centers for third grade. Each center includes printable center cards and a recording sheet. The centers have a Thanksgiving theme and highlight common core math topics for review. Centers included:
1. Sunflower Measurement: Measuring to the nearest 1/4th inch, creating a line plot of data
2. Apple Multiplication Matching: Matching equal group pictures, arrays, and multiplication facts.
3. Equal Group Stories: Sorting equal group number stories into by multiplication and division, and solving
4. 2-Step Thanksgiving Stories: 2-step number stories involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
5. Pilgrim Patterns: Sort number cards and find the rule
6. Pumpkin Pie Fractions: Match fractions and find equivalent fractions
CCSS Standards Covered:
3.MD.4 Generate measurement data by measuring lengths using rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch. Show the data by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in appropriate units— whole numbers, halves, or quarters.
3.OA.1 Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 × 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each.
3.OA.2 Interpret whole-number quotients of whole numbers.
3.OA.3 Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities.
3.OA.6 Understand division as an unknown-factor problem.
3.OA.8 Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity.
3.OA.9 Identify arithmetic patterns (including patterns in the addition table or multiplication table), and explain them using properties of operations.
3.NF.3b Recognize and generate simple equivalent fractions, e.g., 1/2 = 2/4, 4/6 = 2/3. Explain why the fractions are equivalent
See preview for sample of centers included in the product.