Also included in
- Perfect for paperless end of the year math reviews! Simply PROJECT & PLAY with the ultimate digital math game BUNDLE. This virtual math games bundle includes 73 PowerPoint and Google Slides math games that are READY IN SECONDS. If you're looking to engage your 2nd and 3rd grade students with mat$143.75$287.25Save $143.50
Thanksgiving math fact practice that's interactive and ready in seconds! Use this digital subtraction facts activity with white boards to add some Thanksgiving FUN to your math fact fluency practice. Second and third grade students love the Thanksgiving characters obscuring the digits in their subtraction equations, and you'll love how engaged your students are with math fact practice. Happy Thanksgiving!
**Includes a Google Slides version. This link, along with instructions, can be found to the left of slide 1 when viewing the PowerPoint in editing (not presentation) mode. The Google version does not include teacher directions or editable text boxes and slides, so it is ready to be shared directly with students and parents via Google Classroom as a distance learning activity.**
This digital resource is a perfect fact practice or review activity you can use immediately with your 2nd or 3rd grade students. No paper needed! It includes subtraction fact practice problems that meet first, second, and third grade (review) standards + missing minuend/subtrahend and equal equation problems to provide a challenge.
Use this subtraction fact practice activity as a:
- Whole class math warmup
- Small group activity during math centers (display the show on an iPad or Chromebook)
- Fun Thanksgiving math activity during the month of November
- Review activity before a timed test
- Thanksgiving brain break – have students shout and/or act out answers in the manner of the Thanksgiving clip art instead of using white boards. Fun (and easy)!
The interactive slide show contains every subtraction equation with a minuend of 1-20 + 20 challenge problems for built in differentiation.
The PowerPoint includes 230 total subtraction problems organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice problem
- 54 Subtraction problems with a minuend of 1-10
- 90 Subtraction problems with a 2-digit minuend & 1-digit subtrahend
- 65 Subtraction problems with a 2-digit minuend & 2-digit subtrahend
- 20 Challenge problems
- Editable teacher slides and instructions
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 4 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can reuse this resource. The clip art is not included on the editable slides due to copyright restrictions. However, links to the free & paid clip art sets used are provided in the teacher notes within the product.
The digital download includes:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Slides version of the activity
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like:
Keep an eye out for more "Ready, Set, Show" activities aligned with 2nd-3rd grade math standards coming soon!
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Just Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!