Also included in
- What better way to celebrate the holidays than with project-based learning? PBL uses real-world based math problems to engage kids in learning. This project-based learning bundle gives students extra practice and review of essential math skills with fun holiday themes. Your students will love gettinPrice $40.00Original Price $50.00Save $10.00
What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving in class or with your virtual classroom than to plan your family's Thanksgiving dinner? This project-based learning activity will not only have your students practicing their math skills, but it will also have them engaged in real-world applications! Your students will use their problem-solving skills to create a successful Thanksgiving dinner for each member of the family.
Students will work within a set budget to plan Thanksgiving dinner which includes drinks, appetizers, entrees, side dishes, and even dessert. This resource includes ways to differentiate the activity to make the resource increasingly more challenging in the following ways:
- You set the budget for your students
- Decide the number of family members your students are planning dinner for
- Choose whether or not your students use dollar amounts with our without decimals
Because this resource is both digital and printable, you can use it both in class as well as for distance learning!
To get this resource in a money-saving bundle, click the link below:
What is included in this product?
- Two levels of Thanksgiving Google Slides (less complex and more complex)
- Editable Google Slide for teachers to put in their own budget and food prices.
- Printable Activities that are identical to the digital student activities
- Teacher Directions include how to download the resources, how to use it in the classroom, as well as explaining the different differentiated options.
How to use this resource:
There are several ways to use this resource in a virtual or in-person classroom. We have included instructions in the resource.
- Assign the Google slides through Google Classroom and have students complete the activity independently.
- Assign the PowerPoint slides through platforms such as Canvas, Schoology, and Teams. Students can complete the activities independently.
- For in-class use, students can work individually, as partners, or in groups. You can print the menus in color and laminate them for students to use each year.
To take a closer look at this resource, click HERE.
Other Products you might like: