Using real pictures and prices of decorations, food, recipes, and tableware, students can create shopping lists and budgets for a class Thanksgiving or fall or autumn dinner. Open-ended, authentic learning activity! Great for a group math center. Full color but prints nicely in grey-scale.
How can I use this product?
You can lead a whole class discussion using the included catalog and you can even buy the supplies. (I used Party City and Safeway for the product and price information). Or, you can set up a Thanksgiving math center for groups, partners, and individuals to figure out the shopping list and budget. I provided different levels, so your beginner groups can work on the shopping list and the other groups can work on the budget. There are also extension ideas and your early finishers can create their own budget for a Thanksgiving dinner party at home.
What is included?
1 pdf file with 21 pages
* 3 pages of cover/copyright info/notes/extension ideas
* 9 pages of full color catalog: decorations, tableware and food
* 1 blank menu to create the dinner menu
* 4 real recipes (2 blank cards) for your students to adjust to feed the amount of dinner guests
* 2 Dinner Planner Instructions and Shopping List for your beginners (or for K-2 grades)
* 2 Class Dinner Supply Budget Instructions and Form for your nonbeginners (or for 2-4 grades)
* 2 My Dinner Supply Budget Instructions and Form (for early finishers or extension)
Is this available in a bundle as well?
Not at this time.
Do you have other products that are related?
Please check out all my holiday activities!
Other questions or requests?
Please contact me through the "Ask a Question " tab above or email me at Deirdre@evilmathwizard.com
. As always I ask that if you like what you see, to please leave feedback! Also, if you'd like to be notified when I add a new item to my store then please click on the "follow me" button.
Want to connect with Evil Math Wizard?
Visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
What standards are addressed?
Common Core Standards
CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.C.8 Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately.